Addressing the present and future needs of older Idahoans

341 W. Washington
Boise, Idaho 83702
Phone: (208) 334-3833
or 1-877-471-2777

Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)

The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) works to improve the health of low-income elderly persons at least 60 years of age by supplementing their diets with nutritious USDA Foods.

Eligible seniors receive a free monthly food box that includes nutrition information and helpful recipes. Monthly food boxes include a variety of healthy food such as canned meat, fruit, vegetables, juice, cereal, milk, whole grains (like rice or pasta), peanut butter or dried beans, and cheese.

Who is Eligible?

To qualify, you must:

  • Be an Idaho resident:
  • Be 60 years of age or older:
  • Have a monthly income that meets the federal quidelines (see chart)
Household Size
Senior Maximum Monthly Household Income
Senior Maximum Annual Household Income
For each additional family member add:
Income guidelines effective February 2018 through notification in 2019

To apply for CSFP contact:

Samuel Johnson, CSFP Coordinator

(208) 577-2714

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Contact Information

To get more information please contact:

Birgit Luebeck

Program Specialist - ICOA

(208) 334-3833


To apply for CSFP contact:

Samuel Johnson, Programs Coordinator

The Idaho Foodbank

(208) 577-2714


Additional Resources