Caregivers Are the Lifeline
Caregivers provide safety and comfort. We can be family, friends, volunteers or paid caregivers. We are a family caregiver if we provide one or more of the following:
- Make phone calls to check in
- Arrange for and/or drive to doctors appointments
- Help manage medications and/or provide medical care
- Help with household chores or making meals
- Help make healthcare decisions
For assistance, Idaho’s six Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) serve caregivers across the state. The AAAs provide services, help us plan for the future, guide us to services in our local communities, and assist with self-care.
To help with any questions, below, we can find links to services and supports that are specific to Caregivers, and to the right are Quick Tips that are updated periodically.