Unemployed? Over 55? Join SCSEP!
For seniors who are looking for an opportunity to re-enter the workforce, the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) provides training and placement into unsubsidized employment for unemployed low-income seniors 55+. In order to qualify for SCSEP, participants must be:
55 years of age or older
Experience barriers to employment
Have limited or low income (i.e., living on a family income of no more than 125% of the federal poverty level)
ICOA is partnering with Easterseals-Goodwill (ESGW) in order to deliver effective career services and transition planning to participants. Participants go through an initial assessment, create an Individual Employment Plan (IEP) with guidance from an Employment Specialist, and are placed at a work location (also called a “host agency”), where they receive training and skill development.
Participants work an average of 20 hours a week. This training serves as a bridge to employment opportunities, and participants are provided with one-on-one assistance, career coaching, and skill development to ensure their success in the SCSEP results in employment.
Click here to read about the great work that some of our SCSEP participants are doing out in the community!
- To learn more about SCSEP or to apply, please visit www.esgw.org/scsep or call (208)454-8555.
- Interested in hiring a SCSEP participant? Contact your local ESGW Office and learn more about becoming a host agency!
- Not sure if you meet the income guidelines for SCSEP? Use the 2020 Federal Poverty Guidelines to determine if you may be eligible.
- For more information regarding Idaho’s labor market statistics, visit the Idaho Department of Labor for current state trends and data.
- Please visit CareerOneStop for information and resources on career planning, job opportunities, and training available in your local area.
- The 2020 – 2023 WIOA State Plan has been put out for public viewing! Please use the link to access the 2020 – 23 Idaho WIOA State Plan.
- Need up-to-date resources for Idaho’s current labor market? Access Idaho LAUNCH to obtain career and job training information.
Find Nearby Services
Successful people never quit learning. Caregivers deserve reliable and helpful information. When you take one of our FREE self-paced courses you will gain tips and skills that increase your abilities and confidence.