Assistance with Household Daily Tasks
When we are faced with health issues that stop us from maintaining a clean and safe home, there are available services to help us with:
- Housekeeping (laundry, vacuuming, dusting, washing dishes)
- Meal planning and preparation
- Essential shopping and errands
- Banking & bill paying
- Medication management
- With restriction bathing and washing hair
Our local Area Agency on Aging (AAA) staff can assess our needs to determine if we are eligible for assistance or can provide us with a referral list of providers if we are able to pay for the service. Either way, having clean clothes a fresh house and a prepared meal are comforting services that can help us in times of need.
We can use the area map below to find the nearest provider to us. Also to the right, “Quick Tips” and “Resources” are available to better assist us with finding reliable information and supports.
Household Tips Every Homemaker Needs to Know
- Get rid of expired, unused medication. Store medicines in a cool, dry, dark place
- Maintain a clear walkway for seniors to navigate
- Know who to call in an emergency and have your phone programmed accordingly
- Use cordless cleaning tools and lightweight equipment for household chores
- Periodically check your smoke detector, fire extinguishers and Emergency Kits
Find Nearby Services
Successful people never quit learning. Caregivers deserve reliable and helpful information. When you take one of our FREE self-paced courses you will gain tips and skills that increase your abilities and confidence.