Manage Your Health
Disease prevention and health promotion programs focus on keeping us healthy and engaged. They empower us to choose healthy behaviors and make changes that reduce the risk of chronic conditions.
If we or someone we know has a chronic condition such as diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, stroke, or cancer, there are workshops available that can provide us with the tools to:
- Build our own support network
- Learn relaxation and strategies to deal with pain, fatigue, and frustration
- Discover how healthy eating can improve your condition
- Create an exercise program that works for you
- Understand new treatment choices
- Communicate effectively with our doctors and families about our health
Additionally, we can use the area map below to find the nearest provider to us. Also to the right, “Quick Tips” and “Resources” are available to better assist us with finding reliable information and supports.