Take AIM at diabetes! Understand. Identify. Manage.
Idaho currently has about 132,000 Idaho adults with diabetes. That’s 10% of the population. A majority of diabetes can be prevented. For those living with diabetes, making positive lifestyle and nutrition choices, along with being vigilant about blood sugar levels, can make it possible to age successfully with diabetes. Whether you are diabetic or know someone who is, knowing the basics and building from there is an important start!
What is your risk for diabetes? Take this quick risk assessment to find out.
Participate in our FREE diabetes self-management workshops to gain the insights, tools and knowledge to better control your diabetes. Includes pre-diabetes, type 1 and type 2. For those living with diabetes, their adult family members and caregivers. Check out the schedule for workshops starting soon!
- The good news is you can prevent or delay type 2 diabetes Learn how…
- Understand your A1C results
- Regular exercise can help put you back in control of your life
- Diabetes and food – it’s about finding the right balance that works for you
- Visit the Health & Welfare Diabetes Page
- Learn more about Idaho diabetes data
- American Diabetes Association
- CDC Diabetes page
- Indian Health Service – Division on Diabetes
Find Nearby Services
Successful people never quit learning. Caregivers deserve reliable and helpful information. When you take one of our FREE self-paced courses you will gain tips and skills that increase your abilities and confidence.