Supporting Family Caregivers
If we need help meeting the demands of caring for a family member or friend there is available assistance at a local Area Agency on Aging (AAA). They will provide practical caregiving information and help us locate the following services and resources:
- Locate caregiver training
- Take a needed break from caregiving (Respite)
- Get assistance understanding the long-term care system
- Make short and long-term plans that suit our unique situation
- Participate in a local support group and gain access to the knowledge of experienced group members
- Find helpful resources such as in-home meals or an emergency response devices
We can use the area map below to find the nearest provider to us. Also to the right, “Quick Tips” and “Resources” are available to better assist us with finding reliable information and supports.
Powerful Tools for Caregivers Classes, an evidence-based program, in your area. See ICOA Events for classes and point of contact. Powerful Tools for Caregivers Host Agencies
National Family Caregiver Alliance
How to Choose and Finance Care for Your Loved One
Find Nearby Services
Successful people never quit learning. Caregivers deserve reliable and helpful information. When you take one of our FREE self-paced courses you will gain tips and skills that increase your abilities and confidence.