It's never too late to learn to be falls free
2022 Falls Prevention Seminar Schedule
2022 seminar materials available!
Use the right-side tab to the right for link.
Join us for engaging seminars that provide the information and techniques we need to prevent falls. Experienced Idaho professionals encourage and empower us to remain falls-free .
Follow our Falls Prevention Event hub to stay informed of future seminars
- Stay Informed: Why Falls Matter and How to Prevent Them
Tuesday, September 20th at 10 AM – 11:30 AM MDT, 9 AM – 10:30 AM PDT
- Stay Safe: Recognize & Remove Trip Hazards at Home
Tuesday, September 13th a 1 – 2 PM MDT, Noon – 1 PM PDT
- Stay Healthy: Simple Steps to Improve Balance & Prevent Falls
Thursday, September 15th at 1 PM – 2 PM MDT, Noon – 1 PM PDT
- Stay Informed: The Importance of Falls Assessment as a Matter of Practice
NEW! Live streaming brown bag lunch for ICOM medical students, and virtually for other healthcare students and professionals.
Tuesday, September 27th at Noon – 1 PM MDT, 11 AM – Noon PDT
Falls Resource Library
Learn more about Falls and falls prevention in our RESOURCE LIBRARY. There are articles, fact sheets, tools, and toolkits for consumers and healthcare professionals.
A sample of what’s available:
- Falls-Free Infographic (NCOA)
- Falls-Prevention Fact Sheet (2018)
- 6 Steps to Prevent Falls
- Handy checklist to reduce trip hazards in your home
- Postural Hypotension
- My Medication Record
- My Mobility Plan
- Facts, Figures and Reasearch
- Idaho Unintentional Death by Falls fact Sheet
Your 2022 Falls Prevention Seminar Materials!
2022 Falls Prevention Resource Guide (Coming soon)
Recognize and Remove Trip Hazards At Home (9/13/2022)
- Seminar Recording – Trip Hazards at Home 2022 (Coming soon)
Simple Steps to Improve Balance and Prevent Falls (9/15/2022)
- Seminar Recording – Simple Steps 2022 (Coming soon)
Why Falls Matter and How to Prevent Them (9/20/2022)
- Presentation Slides – Why Falls Matter 2022 (Coming soon)
- Seminar Recording – Why Falls Matter 2022 (Coming soon)
Falls Risk Assessment as a Matter of Practice (9/26/2022)
- Presentation Slides – Matter of Practice 2022 (Coming soon)
- Seminar Recording – Matter of Practice 2022 (Coming soon)